Monday, February 6, 2017

A New Beginning.

I have toyed with the getting into shape and the losing of the weight and the getting healthy for the better part of 10 years now. Husband and I have had it.

However, we're both lazy and unmotivated. I mean, come on. It didn't take us overnight to get where we are, it's sure not going to change overnight.

We've been looking up things online for us to do that is very low impact, since we both have bad knees, and the weight has never been good for it. 

If you're any fan of wrestling, and have been for any length of time, you'll know who Diamond Dallas Page is. He's an accomplished WWE wrestler (retired now) and promotional speaker. He was injured in the ring, and therapy wasn't helping. He got turned on to yoga by his wife. Born out of his success with this was DDPYoga

We're both wrestling fans (Tom and I), and his ideals and way of doing things appealed to us -- didn't have to go to the gym, don't need any equipment except a heart rate monitor, and he starts you out easy. We got the packet in the mail over the weekend, so we're going to check it out this evening. There are so many success stories that appeal to both of us, that we're determined to make this work.

What I'll do here is post beginning photos -- I'll warn you, they're not going to be pretty. We're both big people: rolls, fat, flab, chub, you name it. They obviously won't be naked photos, but I don't want to hide anything anymore. I'm over being fat. 

I played football over the weekend (semi-tackle), and after about 40 minutes, I was done, cashed, kaput, out. I want to be able to juke my opponent. I want to be able to run in the outfield for softball again. I want to be able to hike around at Camp, and not be out of breath walking up to the dining hall. I want to be able to see my feet (well, the large breasts don't really help that...). I want to ride horses and not have to worry about making sure I get the one used to carrying the guys. I want to be able to shop in normal sizes and not have to 'special' order my clothes. I know my husband feels the same. He felt bad because his knees aren't going to take much more of his weight, and definitely not playing football or softball.

I'm going to try to post before-workout and after-workout shots of the two of us. I'm not afraid of a little sweat, blood, and tears. Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment