Friday, February 10, 2017

Hurting...

Surprisingly, not from our workouts. See, over Super Bowl LI weekend (Feb 4 & 5 for you non-footballers), a group of people I'm good friends with had a Glory Days Football Game.  It's called that because most of them are ex-semi-pro football players and their friends. Yanno, like "the glory days"?

Saturday, we went out and painted the field. Now, if you know me, you know I'm a fatty athlete. I've played soccer, basketball, softball (beer league), ran track, and cheerleading. But I've never just "thrown around the ol' pigskin." So I got a crash course on catching and falling. There is a way you can fall and not hurt yourself -- which I accomplished beautifully.

It was the catching of the football that I didn't do so great. Jammed my thumb, which wasn't so bad. But then I had to jump for a ball and I caught it...not so well. It hit my middle finger, and while I didn't hear or feel a pop, it immediately started hurting. 

By Sunday morning, the underside of it was bruised and it hurt to move both it and my thumb. Again, if you know me, you'll know I'm as stubborn as the proverbial mule. I splinted the middle finger, and buddy taped it once it was in my glove.

I'm able to pop the knuckle where it meets my hand, but the rest of the finger still aches something fierce, along with my thumb. Like aches all the way up into my wrist. Almost a week later, I'm debating on whether or not I should go see a doctor about it.

But, I'm looking forward to doing our workout tonight, and that's good, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment